TRANSITIONING TO THE KINGDOM OF THE HEAVENS
WHO ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?
October 7, 2014
Jehovah’s Witnesses are a religious group working to re-establish the teachings of the Old Testament and revive the worship of God in the way the ancient Hebrew nation worshiped Him. They recognize Jesus, but they do not view him as the Sovereign of our Universe as the New Testament describes him. (Matthew 28:18) They see Jesus as merely as great teacher, a great prophet and a powerful angel.
They believe Jesus was given authority in 33 C.E. after his resurrection, but they believe he ‘sat down’ and waited until 1914 and then he invisibly returned to earth to officially assumed his authority as King of God’s Kingdom. They further believe that in 1919, after holding his kingly authority for about 4 years, Jesus gave all the authority over his followers on earth to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, who currently consist of 7 men. From 1919 onward, all who wish to survive a coming worldwide destruction will have to submit to the teachings of this Governing Body, ‘whether the directions given by them is sound from a human standpoint or not,’ according to The Watchtower, November 15, 2013, p. 20, paragraph 17. And they believe that Jesus will be coming a third time when he will bring on the war of Armageddon.
Although all 8 million Jehovah’s Witnesses claim to be Christians, they believe that only about 13,000 of them are in union with Jesus Christ. The remaining 8 million will openly admit to all that:
1. They are not sons of God as Paul said. (Galatians 3:26)
2. They are not brothers of Jesus Christ as he said. (Matthew 23:8)
3. They are not baptized into Christ’s death as Paul described. (Romans 6:3)
4. They are not anointed with Holy Spirit as Jesus promised. (Acts 1:8; 2:17-18)
5. They are not in the covenant with Jesus as he promised. (Matthew 26:27-28)
6. They do not want to live in the places Jesus prepared in heaven. (John 14:2)
7. They will not participate in the Memorial Supper as Jesus commanded. (John 6:53-56)
8. And they are not part of the body of Christ, true Christian congregation as Paul describes.(Colossians 1:24)
These are not assumptions or mischaracterizations. Any one of Jehovah’s Witnesses will freely and openly confirm these facts as true because they do not understand what it means to be a Christian.
This site is for all Christians of all denominations who profess union with Christ Jesus, including the 13,000 sons of God acknowledged to exist in the Watchtower organization and all other who are awakening to the true living hope.
As we mention frequently on this site, our Mission is to uplift the spiritual conversation worldwide so that Christianity can shake off the shackles of misguided, antiquated, oppressive and authoritative religions, and enjoy the freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8:21)
If you have any questions about our ministry, please Contact Us. On the other hand, if you wish to contact Jehovah’s Witnesses, you can find them at .
Back to "Transitioning to the Kingdom" Introduction